About Saint Mary’s College of California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary’s College of California is a Lasallian, Catholic, liberal arts comprehensive university with a national reputation and global reach. Located just 23 miles east of San Francisco, the College’s 400+ acre Moraga campus benefits from having a suburban setting within the bustling Bay Area region. Saint Mary’s is ranked #4 in the Best Regional West Universities by U.S. News and World Report. With the launch of their five-year strategic plan, Transformation 2028, Saint Mary’s is committed to continued growth in enrollment, academic excellence, and research. Two of the 11 strategic priorities are to “Extend our reach and expand our impact” and to “Position Saint Mary’s as a global campus”, which includes an internationalization plan for our campus.
At Saint Mary’s, we inspire minds. With small class sizes and professors who know you by name, the Saint Mary’s experience helps students thrive—whether you’re an undergraduate or a professional looking for the next step in your career.
We engage the world. With a stunning campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, Saint Mary’s offers experiences and boundless opportunities around the globe, from careers in Silicon Valley to one of a kind study programs in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and more. .
Saint Mary’s Graduate and International Admissions Team sits within the Division of Enrollment Management and is responsible for the recruitment of international students, enhancing Saint Mary’s profile internationally, and identifying business development opportunities.
This newly created in-market regional director role will help to set and achieve challenging student recruitment targets in India and surrounding regions and will be responsible for developing and delivering the associated recruitment strategy and tactics. In addition, the post holder will also work closely with marketing colleagues to assist with profile-raising and publicity activity for the region; be responsible for budget management; and co-ordinate in-country visits for academic and professional colleagues as appropriate.
- Promote, enhance and develop the international profile of the College as a provider of high-quality education, an attractive study destination and an internationally reputable partner to engage with.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the full education offer at Saint Mary’s, entry requirements, application procedures, scholarships and support services, as well as the College’s core academic strengths and national rankings.
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of effective recruitment market plans and strategies to maximize student and revenue growth from India.
- Carry out the day-to-day activity required to realize the objectives of this marketing and recruitment strategy.
- Attend industry education fairs and recruitment events, undertake school and college visits, visit agencies across India and the Subcontinent to meet and advise prospective students and build positive relationships with counsellors
- Support conversion efforts by professionally managing direct inquiries from students, parents, education agents, counsellors in a timely and accurate manner and following up applications with colleagues at Saint Mary’s
- Event manage a range of recruitment-focused events such as offer-holder briefings and pre-departure events by booking venue(s), sending invitations, attending events across India, etc.
- Organize and support agent workshops, recruitment events with schools, alumni and other stakeholders, visits in India and across the Subcontinent
- Support promotional campaigns such as the promotion of scholarships to offer-holders through the creation and distribution of materials to relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct market research by gathering contact information for high school counsellors and competitor institution entry requirements from India. Source, analyze and provide India market data. Use market insights to support the continuous improvement of student recruitment strategies, planning and forecasting.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date knowledge of Government education policy, tertiary trends, funding sources, transnational education opportunities, scholarships, news and media relevant to the market.
- Maintain a positive and effective working relationship with key stakeholders at the Saint Mary’s College, with Education USA colleagues and with Saint Mary’s education agents and institutional partners.
- Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent, preferably from US
- Understand the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market
- Demonstrable (3+ years) student recruitment experience of working in India
- Proven experience of planning and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximize student growth from priority markets
- Experience in managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes
- Be passionate about making a positive impact on students’ lives and possess a strong understanding of recruitment, as well as a deep appreciation for Lasallian education.
- Understand the importance of service delivery and show a willingness to work with colleagues across the institution to collectively work towards the strategic goals of the Saint Mary’s College
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills, including use of digital and social media for business purposes
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working approach by working unsocial hours, weekends, or occasional public holidays when required
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis (indicative 20 weeks per year), and undertake visits to USA for training purposes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively, tactfully and diplomatically with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Uphold a high standard of ethics and integrity in all work-related activities
The Regional Director, South Asia will be an employee of OneStep Global and report to the Director of OneStep Global. The incumbent will also report to Saint Mary’s Executive Director, Graduate and International Admissions as it relates to recruitment strategic plans, day-to-day recruitment functions and other activities as assigned.
Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent, preferably from US.
- Education Management.
- Employment Type- Full-time.
Availability and start date:
Immediate, however any notice period for the right candidate will be honoured
OneStep Global is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation.