About OneStep Global
OneStep Global, a market entry firm specialised in the higher education sector. OneStep global helps global universities, colleges, government organisations to land and expand across Asia, through stake holder management and in country representation. OneStep global has been working with some very prestigious universities and colleges across the world. The solutions vary from market development, market entry and market presence.
About University of Vaasa
The University of Vaasa is focused on responsible business. The core competence of the University of Vaasa consists of high-level expertise in business, technology, management, and communications. The campus of the university is situated by the Baltic Sea adjacent to downtown Vaasa. The University of Vaasa is one of the largest business universities in Finland.
International student recruitment sits within the International Development team and holds responsibility for the planning and implementation of effective recruitment strategies to grow student numbers, in line with the University of Vaasa’s strategic plan on international recruitment. The role holder will make a key contribution to growing the university’s income through international student enrolments, engaging with multiple recruitment channels and stakeholders, and capitalising on business development opportunities. Working closely with the Director of OneStep, the new post holder will help to set and achieve challenging recruitment targets for India and will be responsible for developing and delivering the associated recruitment strategy and tactics. In addition, the post holder will also work closely with marketing colleagues to assist with profile-raising and publicity activity for the region; be responsible for budget management; and co-ordinate in-country visits for academic and professional services colleagues as appropriate.
The Recruitment Adviser will report directly to the Director of OneStep Global.
- Be responsible to execute the strategy and delivery of effective recruitment market plans and strategies to maximise student and revenue growth from India.
- Carry out the day-to-day activity required to realise the objectives of this marketing and recruitment strategy: attending exhibitions, undertaking school and college visits, visiting agencies, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key external stakeholders in India: education agents, school and college counsellors, sponsorship bodies, accreditation bodies, alumni, etc.
- The incumbent will attend education fairs and other recruitment events across India to meet and advise prospective students and offer-holders on a range of matters including programmes, entry requirements and application processes
- The incumbent will work closely with colleagues across the University to implement and manage robust recruitment and admissions processes
- Organise and support recruitment-focused events like offer-holder briefings and pre-departure events by booking venue(s), sending invitations, attending events across India, etc.
- Event Management – Organising and supporting a range of offline and online recruitment events including agent workshops, and sessions for enquirers, applicants and offer holders, with schools, alumni and other stakeholders
- Support promotional campaigns such as the promotion of scholarships to offer-holders through the creation and distribution of materials to relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct market research including through gathering contact information for high school counsellors and competitor institution entry requirements from India. Source, analyse provide India market data.
- Contribute to the development of business cases and budget plans for forthcoming years, including requirements for overseas expenditure, partnerships and overseas staffing requirements
- Track all expenditure in line with agreed budgets, to maximise impact and return on investment
- Undertake regular outbound calling of prospects
- Work with the conversion team on pre-departure virtual activities
- Follow up with prospects and applicants as well as answering individual queries
- Help out others in the international team when need be (i.e. cover virtual events, call applicants etc)
- Update our CRM (Hubspot) with every prospect, applicant, school, and agent interaction and make sure all contacts are up to date at all times
- Participate in weekly one-to-one and team meetings when not travelling
- Follow monthly objectives and produce a monthly report of the work undertaken within deadlines given
- Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent.
- Understanding the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market
- Demonstrable (3+ years) student recruitment experience of working in India
- Proven experience of planning and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximise student growth from priority markets
- Experience in managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes
- Understand the importance of service delivery and show a willingness to work with colleagues across the institution to collectively work towards the strategic goals of University of Vaasa
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills, including use of digital and social media for business purposes
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working approach by working unsocial hours, weekends, or occasional public holidays when required
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis (indicative 15-20 weeks per year), and undertake visits to the Finland for trainings and meetings
- The incumbent must possess a valid passport
- The incumbent should not have any business or family ties with educational agents
Availability and start date:
Immediate, however any notice period for the right candidate will be honoured
OneStep Global is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation.
Note: Protect yourself from job scams! Don’t respond to fake employment offers for Automattic from third-parties.