- The Senior Recruitment Officer (Based in India) will be required to lead and deliver a range of activities for international students (India) designed to raise their awareness of higher education and to support their application to University.
- This will involve attending exhibitions, liaising with international recruitment agents, prospective partners, the British Council, embassies and government bodies to promote study at the University of Bradford. They will also be required to attend seminars and workshops on a range of higher education topics and to work with academic colleagues to deliver interactive activities in country.
- The role will also be responsible for pro-actively seeking new opportunities to develop new and existing business relationships and will be required to achieve mutually agreed sales targets.
- To support the team in responding to individual enquiries from India via email and social media.
- To deliver personalized follow up through all channels – including telephone, email and social media to all enquirers from recruitment events in the region to an agreed timescale, maximizing the opportunity to convert.
- Working without supervision, a high level of problem solving and initiative is required to deal with challenging and often unique situations as they arise, sometimes without direct recourse to others.
- To work with the Country Development Manager (South Asia and Indonesia) and Dubai Regional Hub team to support the effective delivery of the University’s international recruitment strategy with a focus on South Asia market, evaluating activities and providing suggestions for improvements
- To effectively increase student recruitment numbers from India, working with recruitment agents and university partners and developing targeted relationships with international schools and local universities
- To deliver recruitment plan for India within budget and achieving and annual recruitment plan
- To meet mutually agreed sales targets (including numbers of visits, lead generation and student recruitment numbers) within the market.
- To deliver training programme for international agents.
- To act as the lead contact at international recruitment events, providing course information to prospective students and advisers, accurately capturing data via Digital Recruit to facilitate future CRM campaigns and making offers to suitably qualified applicants.
- To liaise with the Visa Support team to maintain an up to date working knowledge of UKVI student visa route.
- To be able to work independently and using your own initiative to deal with any unexpected situations which may occur in country requiring an immediate response.
- To work with the CRM team to ensure timely and effective lead follow up after all events.
10.To develop a comprehensive understanding of key international qualifications and their equivalences.
11.To network with a wide variety of external stakeholders and to represent the University at all levels at external meetings with recruitment organizations, agents, the British Council, embassies and High Commissions.
12.To support evaluate the outcomes of recruitment activities for India, produce reports on the achievement of targets and competitor institutions, assess market or partnership opportunities, provide expenditure and student number forecasts, and advise on strategies for optimizing results.
13.To ensure the delivery of an exemplary customer experience at all events for prospective enquirers and applicants, influencers and advisers
14.To demonstrate an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
15.Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post this document outlines the duties required at the current time to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and may vary to include other reasonable requests as directed by University management which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed
16.Participate in weekly one-to-one and team meetings at One Step Global when not travelling
17.Follow monthly objectives and produce a monthly report of the work undertaken within deadlines given
This document outlines the duties required at the current time to indicate the level of responsibility.It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and may vary to include other reasonable requests as directed by University management which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
- Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent, preferably from UK or Ireland
- Understanding the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrable student recruitment experience in UK higher education
- Proven experience of planning and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximize student growth from priority markets
- Experience in managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes
- Understand the importance of service delivery and show a willingness to work with colleagues across the institution to collectively work towards the strategic goals of University of Bradford
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills, including use of digital and social media for business purposes
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working approach by working unsocial hours, weekends, or occasional public holidays when required
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis (indicative 15-20 weeks per year), and undertake visits to the UK and UAE for trainings and meetings
- The incumbent must possess a valid passport
- The incumbent should not have any business or family ties with educational agents
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural differences
- Confidentiality, discretion and sensitivity
- Self- motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Understanding of the University’s commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Ability to cope with change and working to tight deadlines
- Be willing to undertake any further training necessary to meet the requirements of the post
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) –The University of Bradford is widely recognized as an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) leading institution. Our EDI vision is to bring about, and be recognized as an exemplar of transformational diversity, inclusion and social mobility and emphasize the critical role of leadership in embedding intersectional EDI in order to make our diversity count and deliver impact.