About OneStep Global
OneStep Global, a market entry firm specialized in the higher education sector. OneStep global helps global universities, colleges, government organizations to land and expand across Asia, through stake holder management and in country representation. OneStep global has been working with some very prestigious universities and colleges across the world. The solutions vary from market development, market entry and market presence.
OneStep Global is managing a contract with White Knights Education Private (WEPL) – a subsidiary of University of Reading based in India – to assist in marketing the University and developing relationships.
The University of Reading has been at the forefront of UK higher education for nearly a century. Over the decades we have become innovators and pioneers, pushing academic boundaries and leading social change.
The role holder will make a key contribution in growing the Company’s business with WEPL, engaging with multiple recruitment channels and stakeholders, and capitalizing on business development opportunities.
The new post will help to set and achieve challenging service deliverables to WEPL, and will be responsible for developing and delivering the associated recruitment strategy and tactics. The role holder will also be expected to liaise with WEPL GM and help to advise WEPL with profile raising and publicity activity for the region; undertake credibility interviews; be responsible for budget management; and co-ordinate in-country visits for academic and professional services colleagues as appropriate. It is intended that this post will also include line management and supervision of a Student Recruitment Advisor and Administrative Assistant for India, following the recruitment of a successful candidate to this other new post.
This is a front facing role that requires excellent interpersonal skills, a strong aptitude for management and experience of working strategically within an international environment. The post holder will be required to undertake significant travel across India and, on occasion, may be asked to assist with other activity across the region. You will be an experienced and highly motivated individual with a collaborative approach, proactive attitude and ability to work at pace.
- Managing the relationship with any third party suppliers contracted through the company, ensuring service level agreements are maintained.
- Liaison with the General Manager of WEPL ensuring service level agreements are maintained.
- Produce reports including but not limited to student lead / application statistics, market insights / analytics, financial information, and any other returns required i.e annual statutory audit information.
- Contribute to business and financial planning, managing the budget and ensuring all appropriate tax and financial document filings are made within statutory deadlines and fees, taxes and other charges are paid using advisors as appropriate for OneStep Global.
- In relation to IT requirements, manage external accounts (including software licence renewals), act as a super user for CRM and DotDigital and be the point of contact for support calls that need to be raised with the service desk in the UK.
- Undertake marketing and outreach activity in India, liaising and co-operating with WEPL as needed regarding their marketing and stakeholder engagement activity.
- Undertake projects as agreed with WEPL. These may include reporting on students and subject demand, liaison with prospective higher education providers, providing information on policy makers and influencers.
- Provide to any other duties as required and participate in ad hoc projects as may be agreed with WEPL from time to time
- Carry out the day-to-day activity required to assist WEPL in realizing the objectives of its marketing strategy: attending events, undertaking school and college visits, visiting agencies etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key external stakeholders in India: education agents, school and college counsellors, Visa office, government bodies, sponsorship bodies, accreditation bodies, alumni, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders at WEPL and liaising with University staff; in particular the Senior Recruitment Manager, the Head of Global Recruitment (International), Admissions staff and Academic colleagues as appropriate
- Work closely with the existing agent network that the University has and maintain the relationship on the ground and build new agents across the country.
- Attend education fairs and recruitment events across India and the Subcontinent to meet and advise prospective students and offer-holders on a range of matters including programs, entry requirements and application processes
- Ensure robust admissions processes are maintained with a view to compliance with University policy and Tier 4 sponsor licence obligations.
- Organize and support recruitment-focused events like offer-holder briefings and pre-departure events with support from India team.
- Assist with promotional campaigns such as promotion of scholarships to offer-holders through creation and distribution of relevant materials.
- Conduct market research by gathering contact information for high school counsellors and competitor institution entry requirements from India. Source, analyse provide India market data.
- Develop business cases and budget plans for forthcoming years, including requirements for overseas expenditure, partnerships and overseas staffing requirements
- Manage regional budgets with a focus on impact and return on investment
- Lead, manage and develop team members based in India
- Be responsible for planning own travel schedule and the travel schedule of visiting colleagues as appropriate
- A self-starter who is confident managing a wide range of responsibilities.
- Able to work without the need for close supervision with the trust of colleagues / stakeholders.
- Confident in formulating and delivering plans, reviewing and updating when circumstances / procedure requires.
- Fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong knowledge of Social Media.
- A high level of numeracy, including the ability to interpret and present financial information and Comfortable working with complex quantitative and qualitative information.
- Proficient in using IT systems. Some experience in training / system support desirable but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the capability to work across a number of scenarios: independently, within a team and with delegated responsibility.
- Able to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and deliver against targets / objectives.
- Cultural awareness and the confidence to flex your style of communication depending upon the audience.
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market.
- Demonstrable (8+ years) student recruitment experience of working in India, preferably to the UK.
- Strong relationship management skills with a focus on customer service.
- Previous line management experience, with a proven record in planning workloads for recruitment support colleagues.
- Proven experience of planning and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximise student growth from priority markets.
- Experience of managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes.
- Understand the importance of service delivery and show a willingness to work with colleagues across the University to collectively work towards the strategic goals of the University.
- An understanding of the UK immigration policies, and how this translates in the effective and responsible recruitment practices
- Creative and positive attitude, with the ability and confidence to respond quickly to meet changing customer and market demands.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritise demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working approach by working unsocial hours, weekends or occasional public holidays when required.
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis (indicative 20 weeks per year), and undertake visits to the UK for training purposes
- Some overseas travel may be required on an ad-hoc basis therefore the candidate should possess a valid
- Knowledge of the UK and Indian higher education sector – trends, policy environment, key players and stakeholders.
- Experience of serving / senior managers alongside a liaison role, working effectively with a diverse range of individuals and organisations.
- Experience of working with marketing and communications technology (Knowledge of MS Dynamics and Dotdigiital would be useful).
- Understanding of data protection compliance – UK requirements
Terms and conditions:
Working hours will be 42.5 (8.5 *5) hours per week. Occasional requirement for out-of-hours and weekend working at peak times of the year for which time of in lieu will be given. This document outlines the duties required for the time being of the post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list, and the manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Office Manager will report directly to Director- OneStep Global.
Bachelor degree in business management, commerce, marketing, project management or equivalent.
Availability and start date:
- Immediate, however any notice period for the right candidate will be honored.
- Able to work occasional ‘out-of-hours’ and weekends at peak times.
- Willingness to travel when required within India and potentially to other countries (a valid passport being the expectation).
OneStep Global is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation.