About OneStep Global
OneStep Global, a market entry firm specialized in the higher education sector. OneStep global helps global universities, colleges, government organizations to land and expand across Asia, through stake holder management and in country representation. OneStep global has been working with some very prestigious universities and colleges across the world. The solutions vary from market development, market entry and market presence.
OneStep Global is managing a contract with White Knights Education Private (WEPL) – a subsidiary of University of Reading based in India – to assist in marketing the University and developing relationships.
The University of Reading has been at the forefront of UK higher education for nearly a century. Over the decades we have become innovators and pioneers, pushing academic boundaries and leading social change.
The role holder will support and work closely with WEPL to support WEPL with its marketing operations, engaging with multiple recruitment channels, stakeholders, and capitalizing on business development opportunities.
Working closely with WEPL Manager in India, the role holder will be responsible for developing and delivering the associated marketing recruitment strategy and tactics. In addition, the post holder will also work closely with marketing colleagues to assist with profile-raising and publicity activity for the region; be responsible for budget management; Undertake credibility interviews ; and co-ordinate in-country visits for academic and professional services colleagues as appropriate.
- Be responsible to help plan and support the strategy and delivery of OneStep services to WEPL
- Carry out the day-to-day activity required to realize the objectives of the marketing strategies: attending exhibitions, undertaking school and college visits, visiting agencies, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key external stakeholders in India: education agents, school and college counsellors, UKVI, British Council, sponsorship bodies, accreditation bodies, alumni, etc.
- Attend education fairs and other recruitment events across India to meet and advise prospective students and offer-holders on a range of matters including programs, entry requirements and application processes
- Work closely with Office Manager India and WEPL to implement and manage robust administrative processes
- Support and help organize range of offline and online events like offer-holder briefings, pre-departure events, sending invitations including agent workshops, and sessions for enquirers, applicants and offer holders, with schools, alumni and other stakeholders.
- Support campaigns such as the promotion of scholarships to offer-holders through the creation and distribution of materials.
- Conduct market research through gathering contact information for high school counsellors and competitor institution entry requirements from India.
- Source, analyze provide India market data.
- Contribute to the development of business cases and budget plans for forthcoming years, including requirements for overseas expenditure, partnerships and overseas staffing requirements for OneStep Global.
- Track all expenditure in line with agreed budgets, to maximize impact and return on investment for OneStep Global.
- Undertake regular outbound calling of prospects, follow up with prospects and applicants as well as answering individual queries
- Work with the conversion team on pre-departure virtual activities
- Update the CRM with every prospect, applicant, school, and agent interaction and make sure all contacts are up to date at all times
- Participate in weekly one-to-one and team meetings when not travelling.
- Follow objectives and produce a monthly report of the work undertaken within deadlines.
- Able to work without the need for close supervision with the trust of colleagues / stakeholders.
- Fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills with knowledge of social media.
- Proficient in using IT systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the capability to work across a number of scenarios: independently, within a team and with delegated responsibility.
- Understanding the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market.
- Willingness to update skills and knowledge through training and personal development.
- Demonstrable (5+ years) student recruitment experience of working in India and supporting a UK university.
- Experience of supporting and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximize student growth from priority markets.
- Experience in managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes.
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis (indicative 15-20 weeks per year), and undertake visits to the UK for trainings and meetings, if required.
- The incumbent should not have any business or family ties with educational agents.
The Recruitment Adviser will report directly to the India Office Manager supporting WEPL with whom they will work closely.
Terms and conditions:
Bachelor degree in business management, commerce, marketing, project management or equivalent.
Availability and start date:
OneStep Global is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation.