Established in 1982 by John Martin Cass, JMC Academy broke ground as Australia’s first private college to qualify for accreditation in the fields of Audio Engineering, Digital Television and Digital Multimedia. Celebrating 40 years in education, JMC Academy remains Australia’s leading Creative Industries institution, offering Degrees and Diplomas in Music, Songwriting, Audio Engineering, Film and Television Production, Acting, Entertainment Business Management, Visual Communication (Design), Animation, Game Design and Music Production.
JMC Academy’s ultimate focus is to deliver inspiring and technologically sophisticated programs, which cater to the global needs of the Creative industries by nurturing, supporting and mentoring students who share a true passion and dedication for these industries.
This role holds responsibility for the planning and implementation of effective recruitment strategies to grow student numbers, in line with the JMC Academy’s strategic plan to increase international recruitment into its undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The role holder will make a key contribution to grow the institute’s income through international student enrolments, engaging with multiple recruitment channels, stakeholders, and capitalizing on business development opportunities.
Working closely with the Academy’s stakeholder and marketing colleagues, this role will assist with profile-raising and publicity activity for the region; be responsible for budget management; and co-ordinate in-country visits for academic and professional services colleagues as appropriate
- To plan, strategize and execute the delivery of an effective recruitment market plan to maximize student and revenue growth from India
- Carry out the day-to-day activities for marketing and recruitment strategies like attending recruitment events, visiting schools and colleges, and agencies pan India
- Meet and advise prospective students and offer-holders on a range of matters including programs and courses, entry requirements and application processes
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key external stakeholders like universities, education agents, school and college counsellors, councils, sponsorship and accreditation bodies, alumni, etc
- Plan and organize a range of offline and online recruitment focused events including agent workshops, enquirers’ sessions for applicants, offer holders briefings and pre-departure events
- Support promotional campaigns to offer-holders through the creation and distribution of relevant materials
- Conduct market research and SWOT analysis
- Develop business cases and plan budgets, including tracking for expenditures, partnerships and staffing requirements
- Undertake regular outbound calling of prospects
- Follow up with prospects, applicants and answer individual queries
- Maintain internal stakeholder management with admissions team, international teams, deans of school etc
- Participate in weekly one-on-one and team meetings to keep a track of targets and performance through reports
- Updating and analyzing data in line with the internal CRM Systems of the institution
- Master’s degree through an international institute is desirable
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges affecting the global higher education market
- Proven experience of planning and implementing effective recruitment and conversion plans to maximize student growth from priority markets
- Understand the importance of service delivery and show willingness to work with colleagues across the institution towards the strategic goals of JMC Academy
- Experience in managing an extensive agent network for student recruitment purposes.
Excellent communication and presentation skills including use of digital and social media for business purposes
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Willingness to adopt a flexible working approach by working unsocial hours, weekends, or occasional public holidays when required
- Holding a Valid Passport is desirable
- Ability to undertake business-related travel in market on an unrestricted basis
- The person should not hold any business or family ties with the education agents