Overview of the Indian Study Abroad market
Important projections for the Indian Study Abroad business in the coming years
• India will have the world’s highest tertiary-aged (18-25 years old) population in 2024, with over 119 million people. China will become second, at 79 million
• In 2024, India will have 48 million tertiary students, followed by China (37 million), the United States (22 million), and Indonesia (21 million) (11 million)
• About 80% of growth in the international student market is likely to come from Asian countries
Until approximately a decade ago, Indian students predominantly pursued higher education abroad in countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
These countries are still topping the chart but with the changing trend, today’s students have a variety of possibilities for preparation for a professional career in countries such as Germany, Ireland, UAE, Finland, etc. as well.
Why Indian students choose to study abroad?
How does OneStep Global fit in:
Parents go through a lot of steps to educate their children, but they also seek assurances that their kids will have a prosperous future.
OneStep Global is a specialized market entry firm, that helps academic institutions to land and expand in Asia through market entry support and in country representation. We act as a strong bridge between the global universities and the system. We are a young and dynamic company with a dream to make a difference in the market entry space for international education.
With a dream to make a difference in the market entry space for international education, we deliver following services:
1. Market Development
2. Market Entry
3. Market Presence
4. Market Expansion
In a wide pond filled with fishes we turn out to be a golden fish, in various ways –
- We run our business on two basic ethics i.e. transparency and accountability, and we have witnessed that this only creates long term value and growth both for us and for our clients
- Employees are the biggest strength of any organisation. At OneStep, we firmly believe that. We recruit the best talent for our clients and we create a working environment conducive for them to offer their best.
- We are adaptive towards changing trends. Being unique and creative is the tried and tested working model for our team at OneStep
- Not being overpowered by feminism, we support the visionary women-oriented work environment
- Despite being young in industry OneStep has firm routes to grow high
- We deliver what we attain from our environment and our society to fulfill our CSR goals
‘It is a great time for India as a country, we are witnessing a huge socio-economic change, a generation of global leaders have inspired Indian students to go and study abroad. All of us who are involved in international education should work harder to fulfil a generation’s aspirations’.
– ARITRA GHOSAL
Founder and Director